Trying to get away from starchy carbs but just love potatoes too much and can’t do with out your mash?
|Image from Eating Well|
Well this may just be the solution you need. Why not take out the starch but substituting the potatoes for cauliflower?
I ran into this when it was cooked for me by a friend recently so I have to give her full credit for the below recipe. Enjoy!
- Fry off 1 onion (diced) in a large pan
- Toss in 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Drizzle a little olive oil
- Add either fresh or dried herbs (Italian sort of mix – oregano, rosemary, parsley), and also season well with a little salt and a fair amount of pepper
- Chop 1 whole cauliflower from its stalk and break it up
- Add the cauliflower to the pan along with half a cup of water
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer to create steam and cook cauliflower through
Check it every once in a while whilst simmering to make sure it is not going too dry – if it looks like it needs a little more moisture just keep adding water/or even a little more olive oil – it should smell quite fragrant and be quite golden in colour…
When it looks done, turn off pan and pour the contents into a food processor – blend on low until the mixture creams together.